Participles, Participle constructions Schoolmanager
Participles, Participle Constructions
- after the verb be and have to make continuous, perfect and passive forms.
- adjectives, participles can be used like adjectives.
- adverbs, participles can be used like adverbs.
- clauses, participles can combine with other words to make clause like structures.
- Present participle: an interesting book
- Past participle: interested people
- It was raining when I arrived. I have known her for years.
- I love the sound of laughing children. She died of a broken heart.
- She ran crying to me. He lived alone forgotten by everyone.
- Who is the beautiful girl sitting in the corner? Rejected by his one true love, he went to sea.