Have got or has got
1. Affirmative sentences with have got and has got
We use has got in the 3rd person singular (he,she, it), and we use have got with all other persons.
2. Negative sentences with have got and has got
Spelling Rule: There is no e in hasn’t.
- correct → He hasn’t got a girlfriend.
- incorrect → He
hasen’t got a girlfriend.
3. Questions with have got and has got
► Do not use got in a short answer.
Have they got lots of money?
- correct → Yes, they have.
- incorrect → Yes, they have