Verbs with 2 objects – Word order
Word order in English sentences with two objects
Some verbs have two objects –an indirect object and a direct object.
1. If there are two objects in a sentence, the normal word order is person → thing:
2. We can use to or for with an indirect object if we want to place it next to the verb:
3. If the indirect object is a pronoun we normally put it after the verb:
4. Common verbs with for and an indirect object are:
5. Common verbs with to and an indirect object are: