Questions in the Passive
How do we form questions in the Passive voice?
Questions in the Passive are formed with to be and the past participle *.
1. Yes/No questions in the Passive (Present Simple)
2. Questions with questions words in the Passive (Present Simple)
3. Yes/No questions in the Passive (Past Simple)
4. Questions with question words in the Passive (Past Simple)
5. Other tenses
Here are some more examples in other tenses. Let’s start with the simple forms:
And here are two continuous forms:
* past participle:
- regular verbs → infinitive + –ed
- irregular verbs → 3rd column of the table of the irregular verbs