Diagram of the Present Perfect Simple
A diagram to usage the Present Perfect Simple
1. We use the Present Perfect for actions in the past which have a connection to the present. The time when these actions happened is not important.
- I have cleaned my room ( The room is cleaned we are not concerned when it was done.)
2. We use the Present Perfect for recently completed actions with a present result.
- I have just run a marathon (It is finished but the result – out of breath – can be seen.)
3. We use the Present Perfect for actions beginning in the past and still continuing.
- I have lived here for 10 years